Navalt Solar and Electric Boats Pvt Ltd. – IWSA Supporter
- Navalt is an eco-marine tech company that specialises in the manufacturing of solar electric vessels.
- We specialize in electrifying the maritime industry by building solar electric vessels of stellar quality and state-of-the-art technology.
- We are India’s only indigenous electric propulsion system builder.
- With over 21 years of experience, our boats have safely and successfully transported close to 2 million people till date.
- Our solar electric ferry ‘Aditya’ was awarded the Gustave Trouve award for the world’s best electric ferry category.
- Our other hand to decarbonization, named Oceanix, harnesses the best of shipping industry expertise and combines it with data analytics to bring out reliable, data-driven decision-making opportunities for ship owners.
The world economy is dependent on imports and exports. Large shipping fleets are essential for transporting a huge number of products, but cargo ships have their drawbacks. They contribute to 3% CO2 emissions, 9% SOx emissions, and 18%–30% NOx emissions, which is not ideal! To reduce the carbon emissions caused by the fossil fuel engines, a wind propulsion solution is the right option. This helps in minimising the fuel usage, further bringing down the overall carbon emissions.
The two types of solutions in this category are as follows:
- Cylinders are placed vertically on the deck and spun using an electric motor to propel the ship.
- This works by redirecting the airflow of the wind as air on one side is accelerated and dragged around the cylinder while it is slowed on the other side, creating a vortex.
- This reduction of airflow creates a pressure difference helping propel the ship forward.
Vertical Axis Wind Turbine
- NACA proficiency-based straight blade
- Rotates based on the lift force produced by the NACA propeller. When the wind blows, a pocket of low-pressure air forms on one side of the blade.
- The low-pressure pocket then pulls the blades towards it, causing the rotor to run.
- To be placed on the ship’s stern.
- Omni-directional works effectively with the wind blowing in any direction.
8 The Green, Dover,
Kent, Delaware, DE 19901
Navalt Solar & Electric Boats Pvt. Ltd
Kerala Technology Innovation Zone
Kalamassery, Kochi – 683503, India
|Tel||+91 9895 343 021
+91 9895 329 271